The Vistas Difference?…Other than the Obvious Quality and Affordability…
46% of the 28 acres has been left untouched. Enjoy nature by walking or hiking the 12+ acres available only to our residents.
Conservation Area…46% of the 28 acres has been left untouched. Enjoy nature by walking or hiking the 12+ acres available only to our residents.
Quality…the infrastructure was created with all concrete curb and gutter roadways, underground storm drainage system, above-adequate parking, underground utilities including natural gas, electrical, telephone, DSL, and cable TV.
Building Exterior…all high quality material used, i.e. HardiePlank siding, shakes, and stacked cultured stone, create low maintenance and cost for our owners. The building exterior projects an up-scale appearance you can be proud of!
Floor Plan…the layout and spaciousness of each model is unsurpassed. Our architect designed the three floor plans with zero wasted space. Large room sizes, natural light, and over-sized closets, shower and tubs. The walk-in laundry and pantry room is 12′ deep! Shelving is 8′ high with plenty of shelves for pantry goods and laundry area accommodates a standard size washer/dryer and base cabinet with drop-in laundry tub. These units have the true feel and warmth of a home! They also have superior soundproofing that you won’t find anywhere else!
Natural Gas…each unit will have natural gas heat, hot water heater, fireplace with logs and kitchen range. No propane tank to monitor or clutter the landscape. Kitchens will be wired for electric range and plumbed for natural gas…it’s your choice of which you prefer to cook with!
Handicap Accessible…all Sugar View models are ground parking lot walk-ins…no stairs. All light switches are rocker panel decor’, all ground floor doors and room openings are wheel chair friendly and shower/tub walls are reinforced for grab-bar installation. Door handle sets are lever style.
Unsurpassed Healthcare…the High Country offers the regions most powerful and modern healing facilities. The Appalachian Regional Healthcare System’s level of advanced healthcare is rare for small, rural areas. Boone’ Watuaga Medical Center offers acute and specialty care. Many seasonal homeowners schedule elective surgeries in the mountains, where you get the ARHS personal touch along with fresh air and peaceful surroundings..
Banner Elk Services…the Vistas is within the city limits, therefore, you enjoy all city services, i.e. municipal water, sewer, trash disposal, snow removal or road maintenance, and fire/police protection. Fine dining, art galleries and shoppes are two minutes away. There is an abundance of summer activities such as golf, white water rafting, trout fishing, etc. There is plenty of winter fun too, with two ski resorts that are five minutes in either direction.
1. Superior sound proofing in walls (R-19HD), floors (R-19) & ceilings (R38). Accousmat 3 sound proofing applied to all 2nd level floors. Party walls are 12” wide with drywall applied over sound board. First floor ceiling has drywall applied over sound board It’s the best sound-proofing in the high country!
2. Superior exterior building materials, Hardie board & shakes, stone & Azek trim around windows, doors, inside and outside building corners offer low maintenance and long-term beauty and durability.
3. Anti-freeze fire sprinkler system in Building 2 and all subsequent buildings. Ask this question before you buy anywhere else…don’t allow your home to be flooded!
4. Quality workmanship, built with pride, all rooms and door-ways plumb and square.
5. Interior A/C & heating air handler upgraded with a silencer.
6. Knock-down ceilings, round corner bead, and drywall is all screwed in, no nail pops!
7. “Vented” gas log fireplace 45” with battery back-up (vented for COPD health issues).
8. Hose bib on every deck and one common hose bib in front of each building for car washing.
9. City streets, water/sewer, snow plowing and a natural gas community.
10. Combined city & county taxes are between $3,800to $5,200 /year.
11. Utilities including electric, natural gas & water/sewer average $100 to $125/month.
12. COA dues for the Vistas are typically the lowest in the High Country every year.
13. Why pay high COA dues for a swimming pool and club house that most residents don’t use? The high country has an abundance of natural amenities! In addition, Lees McRae College offers its’ facilities to Banner Elk residents and taxpayers. In-door pool, track and tennis courts are available. Also, enjoy Wildcat Lake’s white sandy beaches, canoes, life guard, volleyball court, picnic shelters and much more!
14. South facing views are extremely important. In fact, most prospective buyers are not aware of how critical this is. No one enjoy rains, wind and other elements of nature in their face.
Enjoy your deck eight months a year!